This one day training session enables participants to develop a greater awareness of young people who are at risk while using the internet or social media sites and equipping professionals with tools to safeguard them.
Enter your details in the form below to register your interest in our courses and bespoke packages for professionals.
As a result of the training, you will:
- Have an improved understanding of social media, internet and other communication, computer games and applications frequently used by young people
- Reflect on different values and attitudes the impact these can have when working with young people who are at risk when using internet and social media.
- Develop an increased awareness of potential risks and the possible impact of using internet and social media
- Identify vulnerabilities, behaviours and risk indicators of unsafe internet use and strategies to encourage safer use
- Develop an awareness of online grooming, cyber bullying, ‘sexting’ and associated laws
- Have a working knowledge of available processes, resources and support services available for young people engaging in unsafe practices while using internet and social media
Throughout the training you will be encouraged and supported to consider how you can best safeguard and support children and young people that use internet and social media.
Register your interest - Safeguarding Young People Using Internet and Social Media
Or email email@example.com