We are looking for an enthusiastic team of young volunteers to take part in our Peer Advisor Project, across three shopping centres in London.
The project is designed to raise awareness about child sexual exploitation and to research young people’s feelings of safety in public spaces. Peer Advisors will sign up to shifts across various shopping centres in London.
It is a year-long project with sessions delivered during school holidays (Christmas break, half-term and Easter break, summer holidays). Each young person will be expected to attend three evening training sessions before becoming a Peer Advisor.
By signing up to be a Peer Advisor, you will:
- Get experience of working with and communicating with a variety of different people.
- Gain experience in co-facilitating training sessions to professionals.
- Raise awareness of issues that affect young people, such as child sexual exploitation.
- Develop on the ground research experience.
- Support the development of a brand new project.
- Receive a reference from Safer London.
You will be compensated with travel expenses and a £50 voucher for each shift that you do.
Duties will include raising awareness of child sexual exploitation and young people’s safety, talking to young people and members of the public, and supporting our research and training.
If you are interested, please take a look at the role description and fill in an application form, and send to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 21 November.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Reanne Turner, Project Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org