Before applying for any vacancies please read our Conduct Code
Work for Safer London
Safer London strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We offer a range of employee benefits to recognise and reward the essential contribution our staff make, these include: Employers Contributory Pension, Eye Care Vouchers, Family Friendly Policy including Enhanced Maternity Pay and Childcare Voucher scheme.
“Safer London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.”
Interim Director of Quality and Internal Resources (Mat Cover)
28 Hours per week (over 4 or 5 days)
Circa £65,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Safer London believes every young person should be given the opportunity to live free from exposure to youth violence, exploitation and crime and we work tirelessly to make this happen. Our aim is to create lasting change by preventing violence, exploitation and crime from negatively impacting on young Londoners.
Are you an experienced Senior Leader skilled in overseeing a range of charity functions?
Do you have a proven track record in leadership within a not for profit organisation?
Our current Director for Quality and Internal Resources is going on Maternity leave and we are looking for an interim to cover this important role for up to 14 months starting in November.
The right individual will have a background in third sector delivery and management and a critical understanding of the work undertaken by Safer London. You will need to have a unique mix of skills – with the ability to cover safeguarding as part of our out of hours team, oversee the management of key organisational projects and deputise for the Chief Executive.
The right candidate will be able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders with credibility and sincerity – be they service users, funders, trustees or members of the wider communities in which we work.
Your key duties will include:
- Overseeing a corporate services team including 6 direct reports covering: HR, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising/Business Development, Data/Information Governance and Finance.
- Directing all functional aspects of running the organisations operations including Financial Management, HR, Legal, Governance and Business Development.
- Driving organisational improvement, systems development and strategic growth
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee an annual budget of c £4 million via the management of the finance function
- Report on quarterly financial statements for the board prepared by the Finance team
- Oversee the completion of the annual audits lead by the Finance, Contracts and Commercials Manager
- Support the work of the People Manager
- Share reports prepared by HR with the board
- Lead the organisations response to any audits by any third parities
- Lead risk management
- Support the Head of Business Development in the review and sign-off contracts according to our scheme of delegation
- Contribute to the writing of tender applications and bid management
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of the organisations new strategy
- Chair the Policy Review Group and write and sign off key organisational policies
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 18th August 2019
Interviews will be held on 29th August 2019.
To learn more and to apply for this role please click here for the Job description and Person Specification.
Please send all the completed forms to email@example.com.
Safer London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer London is committed to actively opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and will provide reasonable adjustments to all stages of our recruitment and selection procedures in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. If you require an alternative method of submitting an application, please contact Recruitment@saferlondon.org.uk.
If you have been shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.